Scaffolding down

Cambs

At last, we’ve got the scaffolding down.  It’s taken a while and we’ve still got the cladding around the porch to finish off.  On to the next stage - brickies on site tomorrow to do the plinth.  Slightly out of sequence but we’re getting there.

3A237E34-B664-41AE-8627-2B26D884DC0E.thumb.jpeg.a089d5b10a26e126445048a675fff31a.jpeg

A7176B0F-4210-4ECC-B284-B9431913C4C7.thumb.jpeg.2a42aeed79b833fb35a165d989815b17.jpeg

6A70A481-4814-482B-A3DD-6E1B8FDACEC6.thumb.jpeg.31941c347f550fe90396b19bebc2120e.jpeg

• Like 6

Looks good bud, what cladding you used there, cedar? The end bit of my build will look very similar to your overall look so hopefully it will look as good as what you have done.  My formers will be similar but the roof on them takes up at an angle towards the ridge rather than being completely flat.

My roof will be pan tiles too, I see you have mortar bedded the verge etc. Looks a lot nicer I think than dry systems.

Who are your windows and doors from? Is that a grey/green colour you have?

1 hour ago, LA3222 said:

Looks good bud, what cladding you used there, cedar? The end bit of my build will look very similar to your overall look so hopefully it will look as good as what you have done.  My formers will be similar but the roof on them takes up at an angle towards the ridge rather than being completely flat.

My roof will be pan tiles too, I see you have mortar bedded the verge etc. Looks a lot nicer I think than dry systems.

Who are your windows and doors from? Is that a grey/green colour you have?

Yes, cladding is Western Red Cedar, 200mm wide rebated feather edge.

You can’t really see it from the pictures but the dormers slope up from the side to the middle of the roof so rain drains off that way

We’re in a conservation area and in the grounds of a listed building so the Conservation Officer was very particular about what materials we could use.  Generally the most expensive ones ?. The Pan Tiles are hand made clay tiles from William Blythe.. Really expensive but they look great, I think, and should age well.  They are Barco Old English Weathered colour

Windows and doors are triple glazed timber from Green Building Store.  Again, Conservation Officer insisted on timber exterior finishes, rather than AluClad. I think we went for RAL7023 Concrete Grey in the end  but I could be wrong.