Grout removal

The grout in our shower enclosure has discoloured in a number of places. Was thinking of removing it and putting in new grout. Anyone have suggestions for easy(ier) removal of the existing grout? Was thinking of using a multitool with a carbide blade. Have used a stanley knife in the past for smaller sections but that was a right PITA. 

Having read the HG mould spray bottle earlier today, they reckon hypo (sodium thiosulpate) will get rid of brown staining. Anyone tried this?

Just to add that for our kitchen floor, which is stone, we were recommended to use an Alkaline cleaner on the grout. No particular brand.

You can also get special linear brushes that make it easier to clean floor grout.

It’s good to read the replies from the posters above, top tips. My previous attempts at regrouting have left chips in tile edges and I have steady hand. Just something to think about before going in all going ho.

Tried Stanley blades, grout removal tool, various engineers picks, multi tool and old screwdrivers.

Now,I try to protect the grout from new with protection fluids to delay the need as long as possible.I also try to avoid white grout and black!