When is a delivery not a delivery ?

I found a valuable consignment (for the build) dumped on my verge this afternoon. The driver had arrived, off loaded and gone.

A few days ago, and again yesterday and this morning,  I called the company from which I purchased the goods to ask if I could be told when the delivery was to take place.

Fat lot of good that did.

What would have happened had that consigment been nicked? 

You phone up and ask where is your delivery. They say it's been delivered already and you go well it wasn't too my front door so you need it send it out again and this time request that a signature is required when it's handed over.

You then put the first delivery to use or eBay which ever suits the most.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I found a valuable consignment (for the build) dumped on my verge this afternoon. The driver had arrived, off loaded and gone.

A few days ago, and again yesterday and this morning,  I called the company from which I purchased the goods to ask if I could be told when the delivery was to take place.

It didn't arrive.

35 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

And you lot are the reason I have to go to the bloody post office sometimes. 

Phone up, moan and make a point about it. 

But to advise someone to become a deceitful theif is not the way I would go about it. 

I shake my head at you all

Goody Two Shoes.?

I had the run around for a week with a delivery.  I kept getting a message to say "not delivered, nobody in"  But I WAS in.  In  the end on the 4th day I watched the road like a hawk and stopped every van coming down, and found my parcel. He had been trying to deliver to the wrong house.

The thing was I kept telling the delivery company to give my number to the driver, and that if there was not an old green Landrover outside the house, then he was at the wrong house. But none of that information got to the driver, he just had an address and nothing else.  So not always the drivers fault.

I did have an item ordered from ebay, when it was a week over due I sent a message to the seller to ask when I might expect it as it had not yet arrived.  I got a message back immediately "We have refunded you".  I did not ask for a refund, just asked when I might expect it.

It arrived the next day.

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I got a message back immediately "We have refunded you".  I did not ask for a refund, just asked when I might expect it.

It arrived the next day.

Do you get to keep your money? ?

4 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I had one push a £250 hand basin over the gates

We get fittings and drill bit delivered to site from redyfix 

Rang them today as the couriers just dump them anywhere like yours 

I was told they had no control over the drivers Subbed out