Mvhr official testing

12 minutes ago, JamesP said:

@Bitpipe I just emailed  them saying I would be providing the report as no qualification necessary. 

I have same Vent Axia, our floor area is about 290sqm though we have some high ceilings so might need to crank up the flow rate when commissioning.

Thanks for your help.

I think that's the correct approach.

Not sure a high ceiling makes that much of a difference aside from physically getting close enough to the vent to measure the flow.

The cross sectional area of the measuring device is the key input parameter in the spreadsheet I used (which I believe came originally from @Jeremy Harris). 

I made a cone from stiff card that was taped tight to the measuring unit on one end and was a bit larger circumference than the ceiling vent at the other. I topped that edge with with soft foam to ensure I got a good seal on the ceiling when measuring. Still needed to be on some steps as the cone was only about a foot long.

Other top tip is to avoid unintentionally triggering boost when measuring - as we have PIRs in bathrooms to do just that, I had to cover them up.

You will get some exercise running around the house a few times to balance the vents, remember that whenever you adjust one, the airflow in all the others will alter as well so you need to keep measuring them all to get a consistent view.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 10/06/2020 at 19:48, JamesP said:

@Bitpipe Just had this response from the BCOI will check point noted regarding the commissioning of the MVHR".

I will let you know the outcome.

If he comes back with anything other than a 'yes' then ask him what professional qualifications a MVHR 'commissioner' needs and ask to see the bit of the regs that defines that.

Good luck!

• Thanks 2

On 10/06/2020 at 07:19, Bitpipe said:

This is what I included in my test report to my BC independent inspector.

Thanks for sharing the tables etc. 

In non-boost mode there is a 10 l/s difference between supply & extract and in boost mode this is much smaller. Is it assumed that a higher supply will leak out the house so not something to be very concerned with?