Quooker - Top Service!

Barney12

I know we all like a good moan about suppliers and contractors. I'm as guilty as anyone else! 

But.......credit where credit is due........

My Quooker boiling water tap died overnight on Sunday. It simply switched itself off after a few seconds of being switched on, no warm up, no heartbeat (as they call it), nada! 

I phoned the tech support line on Monday morning. The guy confirmed my Quooker was a Fooker :D and that the service team would call me. 1 hour later an incredibly nice lady booked an engineer for today with a two hour time slot. 

The incredibly polite and helpful guy turned up (within the time slot!), fixed it (faulty electronics board or summin'), put a new filter in and tidied up everything as he found it. 

His only challenge was a lack of mobile signal so couldn't get a signature on his gizmo. 

Thank heavens for that. I had to boil a kettle for nearly 24 hours. Can you even imagine the hardship? ?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Another ‘good news’ Quooker story. 

We have a Cube (chilled filtered water) that has been on site for over 3 years but only really used in anger for about 18 months. It started playing up so we booked a service. The engineer arrived and proclaimed it dead/dying and called his supervisor to discuss a replacement despite it being way outside of the 2 year warranty. Within minutes it was agreed that they would replace the Cube free of charge.

I think it helped that because we are in a hard water area the Cube is supplied with conditioned water (Combimate) and filters were replaced as required but a big ‘recommend’ vote for Quooker. 

Also, if anyone else has the Cube that is a small aluminium skinned er, cube, they apparently have many problems with these. The replacement will be a completely different design so if you have the aluminium skimmed Cube watch it like a hawk and get in touch with Quooker the moment it seems to be playing up and hopefully you’ll get the same good service. 

• Like 1