ICF block price per sqm.

1 hour ago, Conor said:

I've priced a few different brands, ranges from £35-£45 m², amvic being the cheapest I've priced.

I think northern  Ireland is cheaper than  mainland UK -

It was when i last checked ,but carriage could be a problem  to end cost 

One thing to consider is simplicity of construction. We've just done an ICF build using a block from JUB. Yes, it's more costly than Nudura on the face of it but there is no waste as you get a pre-cut lego kit. It also greatly reduces the risk of errors on site, the down side much less flexibility to move windows and doors one on site.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/12/2019 at 19:38, Simon R said:

One thing to consider is simplicity of construction. We've just done an ICF build using a block from JUB. Yes, it's more costly than Nudura on the face of it but there is no waste as you get a pre-cut lego kit. It also greatly reduces the risk of errors on site, the down side much less flexibility to move windows and doors one on site.

Do they have representative in UK or you ordered from abroad? Transportation cost?

Edited by Torchia

19 hours ago, Torchia said:

Do they have representative in UK or you ordered from abroad? Transportation cost?

Yes, they do have representatives in the UK.  Gary Peacey is the product manager gary@jub.org.uk.  They also have bracing available in the UK for hire. Delivery gets combined with the order if requested.

• 1 month later...

Iwould ask for that to be included in quotes you get from suppliers.

eg price of blocks 

price of hire of bracing 

they will certainly have it or access to hiring it

I take you have sent a plan to all the suppliers you are looking at ,cos you will need more than 1 type of block -they should be able to give you quote for the exact number of the different types of blocks you will need

• 2 months later...
On 02/05/2020 at 06:48, deuce22 said:

I've just been quoted a price from Nudura and Jackon.

Nudura - £45+Vat

Jackon - £37+Vat

@deuce22 what spec are the blocks that you were quoted for?

E.g.

• The cavity (cement core section)
  • EPS thickness either side
  • Overall thickness of the blocks
  • U values

I'm planning a timber frame build but becoming increasingly more interested in ICF over the last few weeks.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/07/2020 at 12:48, mrmckenzie74 said:

@deuce22 what spec are the blocks that you were quoted for?

E.g.

• The cavity (cement core section)
  • EPS thickness either side
  • Overall thickness of the blocks
  • U values

I'm planning a timber frame build but becoming increasingly more interested in ICF over the last few weeks.

Cheers

I've decided to use Nudura.

The blocks are 2.4m long and 450mm high. There is no cost difference between a 150mm fill block and a 300mm fill block. The insulation thickness is around 65mm and I've been told that anything over this has minimal benefits.

I'm not sure what the U value is, but I'll check with the distributor. He seemed more interested in the thermal mass and air tightness, when I discussed it with him last. I've recently finished building my garage with it and also finished a 200mm fill retaining wall.

I am going to start building the house in a few weeks when the blocks arrive. The back and one side of the house will be a retaining wall, so I will use a 200mm fill block. I will then transition off the corners to a 150mm block and use 150mm blocks for the rest of the house.

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

• Like 1