ICF hangers for hidden Gutter, mounting on exterior wall

Hi,

I've already gone and done this, not sure if it's the right way to go, so just looking for some more experienced lads review.

I had some extra Compact foam left over from a heavy slider Threshold, so i cut up a load of 20mm strips for some hangers I had made up for a Hidden gutter. I bolted them on with 100mm concrete thunder bolts, should I have used washers on the steel face or something? My thinking was this compact foam (Like a wood material, quite solid) would act as a bit of a thermal break for the hangers,

I didn't know the proper structural material to stick in there, I know sometimes there is a special hard material, used to thermally isolate two beams from each other.

Anyway, let me know if I screwed this up? It felt fairly solid and there is feck all weight in the hidden gutter, so hopefully it will hold, The gutter, is about 7M high, and facing south-west, so it will get a good smack of an updraft, (Probably total overkill, but sure why not). If you've ever stood at a sea wall, during strong wind, you get a sense for how powerful updraft can be.

IMAG3552.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3553.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3558.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3622.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3628.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3667.jpg?raw=1

Edited by magnethead

Hiya,

It's just WBP ply on the Facia, the box gutter itself is Marine Ply, and that's treated 6x1 on the top edge. The roofer says I should put some "heat tape" , some thermostatically controlled heated line in the gutter. I'm within 200mm of the sea and rarely see much snow, so I'm not going to bother. I don't like the idea of an electric line coming in through the roof.