Extracting hobs..... seen this?

Hi, i have been looking at the Bora hobs and had convinced myself that they were a perfect solution to a kitchen problem. Now I have seen this new item from Ikea and wondered if anyone else had?

FÖRDELAKTIG Induction hob/integrated extractor. The spec looks ok but the price is temptingly low. Who makes these for Ikea, anyone know?

foerdelaktig-induction-hob-integrated-extractor__0768197_PE754379_S5.JPG

• Like 1

I fitted a good few posh one's of these over the years. They take up most of the cab space below them, and i used to have to duct them out under the floor with 150mm ducting. They were a pita to fit them. Seemed to work ok. The posh one's used to cost several thousand. Basically, they are a downdraft extractor.

4 hours ago, EverHopefull said:

Hi, i have been looking at the Bora hobs and had convinced myself that they were a perfect solution to a kitchen problem. Now I have seen this new item from Ikea and wondered if anyone else had?

FÖRDELAKTIG Induction hob/integrated extractor. The spec looks ok but the price is temptingly low. Who makes these for Ikea, anyone know?

foerdelaktig-induction-hob-integrated-extractor__0768197_PE754379_S5.JPG

They look great and the obvious choice for properties with MVHR, I'd have thought. Did have a wee look months ago and you can get other high end brands on eBay and through German sellers for 40-50% the price of the Bora's units. 

They look really clever 

We have an all singing all dancing Italian thing in ours Looks great Sucks live a Hoover 

Downside is it sounds like a jumbo jet when switched on full 

Salesmen didn’t mention the noice levels 

Just how quickly it clears the room of smells and steam 

and people ✈️