Underground utility duct layout - EV, intercom, lighing, BT, water, gas

Tony C

Hi, I have been working on the underground utility duct layout. Main house is about 20m away from the entrance gate, and a few utilities need to go underground between during the groundwork.

BT - BT54mm duct with draw cord

Intercom (audio and gate release)- 50mm duct with draw cord

Light circuit- 50mm duct with draw cord

3 phase (for EV charge at front drive way) - 100mm duct with SWA 10mm 5 core cable

Water -  32mm water pipe

Gas trenching would be completed by CADENT later.

I tried to maintain certain distance between services, dose this look about right? or some ducts could be nearer to each other to minimize the trench work?

Any comment welcome. Thank you.

2090162309_ScreenShot2019-12-03at09_58_56.thumb.jpg.d231b4070103b9c27eb80d66d68b2be8.jpg

2 hours ago, Conor said:

Think you are giving yourself more work than you need. Your intercom, lighting and 3 phase can all be together. If they are all your own private services, then no reason to space them out so much.

Thanks for the info! I was thinking that intercom and 3 phase might have some interference...

Can you not get the gas pipe laid in with the rest of the services?  Gas can be a real pain as as soon as there is any scaffold they will not work.  Doing it later will make a right mess.

No drainage shown so I guess that goes elsewhere?

It may be best to run the intercom in a separate duct than the power for the gates.  You need to run a duct across the drive as well for power to the other gate.  Allow for a socket by the gate post / control box.

2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Can you not get the gas pipe laid in with the rest of the services?  Gas can be a real pain as as soon as there is any scaffold they will not work.  Doing it later will make a right mess.

No drainage shown so I guess that goes elsewhere?

It may be best to run the intercom in a separate duct than the power for the gates.  You need to run a duct across the drive as well for power to the other gate.  Allow for a socket by the gate post / control box.

Thank you Mr Punter, although there would not be scaffold on the planned gas trench area, its really good point.

I will consider Gas duct to be laid on the groundwork. The gate will be manually operated and I will just need to install audio intercom and door release to the gate.