Wet or Dry UFH in Bathroom?

shbrooks

I'm a huge fan of wet UFH systems having installed one downstairs.  I'm now looking at installing a wet UFH system upstairs too, but wondered whether or not it is suitable for a bathroom given that it is slower to respond than electric and bathrooms have such intermittent use.

Thoughts welcome ?

In my last build I put in wet UFH upstairs and although I didn't use it a lot in the bedrooms it was used in the bathrooms a fair bit, as the ladies in the house (well, me also!)  need to keep bathrooms dry and warm. The key is good zone controls, isolate your bathrooms so they can be controlled separately to the bedrooms. To use electric UFH on a separate system and control seems a bit clunky to me, but of course would be easier to install.  I am planning wet UFH upstairs and down in my imminent new build.

We have wet ufh in our bathroom. I recommend putting it on a separate programmable stat so you can set it to come on early without heating bedrooms. Love it.

Heatmiser do a stat with remote sensor. Sensor in bathroom, stat on wall outside. Wire between.

I made my own sensor from a NTC resistor in a tiny box from Maplin.

Edited by Temp