New Self Build Project

RickK54

Usually to live on the land, you get temporary planning permission for a static caravan, and you can then live on the land as soon as the PP is granted, before starting work.  Unless there are conditions which might for instance say the site entrance has to be created first.

If anybody intends living on site I strongly recommend watching a you tube couple called. PURE LIVING FOR LIFE. look at how they have built an outbuilding in front of the door to their caravan and fitted a woodburner. 

Be careful not to copy any of their building practices as he is a total dork and cocks everything up, but the shed in front of the caravan is brilliant and will turn a miserable winter into a nice jolly place to be. 

I actually have the same same situation on our current house, cold miserable bungalow but add a bootroom with wood burner and it’s transformed, dry clothes warm and cosy dogs, non moaning wife. 

• Like 1

I fitted a WBS in our static caravan.  IT was lit in November and barely went out until the end of February.

stove_1.thumb.jpg.9c26437e19834ed15277b8c1fd388ee8.jpgstove_2.thumb.jpg.5157cbdcaae851879a41dcba724a1110.jpg 

It certainly kept the cost of heating the 'van down (assuming your wood is free) but it was a challenge keeping up with the wood supply it needed.