curved transition from wood to tile

Raks

I decided not to put hardwood flooring to the open plan kitchen floor but still the living area would have engineered wood flooring.

I have seen these kind of nice tile-wood transitions. It seems no visible trim in between and no expansion gap . Curved cutting and even levelling requires extra skills as well.

Has anyone done this kind of curved transitions from hardwood  to tile or LVT?

good-ideas-for-curved-tile-to-wood-floor-transition.jpg.c6735b429d0f6e6018401ebd2d82a2a1.jpg

I really like the hexagonal tiles into wooden flooring look and plan on having this transition from utility/mud room to hallway.

From those with experience of it, are tiles much better in kitchens than engineered wood? Only ever had laminate which tbf we've never had any great issues with. 

3 minutes ago, eandg said:

I really like the hexagonal tiles into wooden flooring look and plan on having this transition from utility/mud room to hallway.

From those with experience of it, are tiles much better in kitchens than engineered wood? Only ever had laminate which tbf we've never had any great issues with. 

Tiles Especially porcelain are harder waring than wood 

I would say that as a tiling contractor 

Ive put quite a bit of would flooring down While it looks great You do need to look after it 

I’ve put 150m2 of Italian Timber planks in ours Very little difference in cost to oak But won’t look any different in 20 plus years 

D9354AF6-3A27-4376-AC17-439FBFB73814.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eandg said:

have a look to the comments here:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nod said:

Tiles Especially porcelain are harder waring than wood 

I would say that as a tiling contractor 

Ive put quite a bit of would flooring down While it looks great You do need to look after it 

I’ve put 150m2 of Italian Timber planks in ours Very little difference in cost to oak But won’t look any different in 20 plus years 

D9354AF6-3A27-4376-AC17-439FBFB73814.jpeg

Looks nice. Is this the wood effect Italian tiles?  As an expert, which brand do you recommend?  And to make the transition level even (on a joist/timber floor), do we have to put plywood and backer boards under the wood floor area as well?   

Edited by Raks

46 minutes ago, Raks said:

Looks nice. Is this the wood effect Italian tiles?  As an expert, which brand do you recommend?  And to make the transition level even (on a joist/timber floor), do we have to put plywood and backer boards under the wood floor area as well?   

It’s Porcelain 

Avoid Chinese Turkish for floors 

Chip easy and prints aren’t good 

Portugal Spain Italia 

are the best Laser cut Italian look and wear better and are easier to lay 

For tiles using Ditra matting will cover all bases