Sticky, sticky tape required

Russell griffiths

7 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

a thick  coat of pva or emulsion  on eps and let it dry -so tape of choce will then stick to that ?

Did you get the liquid membrane paint? you could try painting a strip of that to stick to

Just now, nod said:

Jaffa tape is as good as anything that I’ve ever used I use it for masking up for external render We stick sheeting onto masonry It often exposed to the elements for a week 

Fiver a roll 

37DF5581-A5AD-4624-AAE0-EEB919163B41.jpeg

AB3548C5-240B-4A63-B9A7-6908BE18B42C.jpeg

680DFED7-E521-4B9F-B8E9-94247AB6A206.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nod said:

Jaffa tape is as good as anything that I’ve ever used I use it for masking up for external render We stick sheeting onto masonry It often exposed to the elements for a week 

Fiver a roll 

I would be nervous at the long term adhesion of tape to EPS without a primer coat .

one novel idea 

car plastic stone chip --spray joints with that --its water proof and never comes off and is water based 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gravitex-Professional-Protector-Application-Protection/dp/B01M1K65KC/ref=asc_df_B01M1K65KC/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584413738286283&psc=1

try some on inside something like a box made from eps +FILL WITH WATER

or this one aerosol cans 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Stonechip-Stone-Chip-Paint-Coating-Underbody-Car-Truck-Van-500ml-x-4-CANS/223463894112?hash=item34077c6c60:g:2W4AAOSw4ARcnVuH

no tape needed then 

Edited by scottishjohn

I used this stuff to stick the airtightness tape to my block work and the pir on the ceiling.

https://passivehousesystems.co.uk/product/gerband-fortax-6400-airtight-sealant/

A good bead along the edge then push the tape onto it. It's flexible so will move as the different materials move. 

A word of warning though don't get it on your hair as it doesn't come off without a razor or scissors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

a thick  coat of pva or emulsion  on eps and let it dry -so tape of choce will then stick to that ?

Tried a coat of bitumen based waterproofing liquid, the foil tape didn’t stick well to this, but I haven’t tried any better tapes yet apart from the cheap nasty aluminium stuff. 

6 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Tried a coat of bitumen based waterproofing liquid, the foil tape didn’t stick well to this, but I haven’t tried any better tapes yet apart from the cheap nasty aluminium stuff. 

think that will not work well over time 

bitumen based could shrink as I suspect  the bitumen part evaporates and glue probably will react with it 

Edited by scottishjohn