Drainage Air Test Kit

ToughButterCup

I bought a Monument kit with some extra bungs, it was cheap. It didn't work very well and the BCO said air test kits rarely do. He told me to block the soil pipe in the inspection chamber and fill the system with water and leave it for a few hours. It didn't leak and he was happy.

If you're going to test do it in stages. Don't want to put all your drains in and not know where a leak is. I normally just put a Bing in at start and put a bend on where I want to test to. Fill with water. Think you're actually allowed a not insignificant amount of leakage depending on surface area of run. I've never really seen the level drop on PVC systems 

I bought one of the type you have listed and never really got on with it. I could get a seal on a straight length of pipe but as stated above had a leak from the bulb that needed the pipe bending and clamping.

We did trace the problem to a leaking air admittance valve after taking apart the system. 

I will be testing each stage as i go this time around 

All building control did was to plug the soil at the nearest chamber. Flush the loo and wait a few minutes to make sure it held.

The test only demand 100mm because that's all the depth of the average water trap on a toilet or sink etc, so in real like it never can presurise above 100mm.

Building control tried to fail my last house because a whole house test (with the stack plugged) and it would only pump up to about 75mm.  I pointed out one of the showers had a low profile trap and any attempt to go above 75mm just blew bubbles through the trap, but it would hold all day at 75mm.  They accepted in the end.