Drainage Warranty

Willow

Hi  

We had drainage installed back in August , been a nightmare to say the least, the contractors we used employed someone who wasn't too sure what he was doing (he no longer works for them ) , as they went on their hols and left him to it,.It is still not quite right, the main problem being it wasn't installed to a acceptable depth to allow for stone and paving on top so it was too high.  They have blamed the building inspector as they was told to lift the height of the foul drainage  as she didn't think there was enough fall to the outfall chamber, this caused the surface water line to be raised too much to have enough cover for paving, which apparently the building inspector then passed not realising the proposed height of FFL as no outer skin of brickwork to work to (these are his words not ours)  .  From day one they have had the drawings as they did the footings which were fine and my husband made a wooden structure as a guide to various level which when we have been to site it always comes out as he is very particular about his levels as you would be .   Some of the gullies are still too high , they have been back and rectified most of it but charged us 2 days work at £620 per day , we haven't paid them for anything they last came out the end of October , I am now thinking we could do with some sort of warranty /guarantee from them ,  hes pressing for his money now but not sure how to work it any advise would be appreciated . Hope this makes sense ! I know I'm female but surely everyone needs a level to work to ?  He is also charging us £1500 vat which will be another argument, as he charged us £600 for the footings so that will be coming off this bill . 

It's difficult, if i gave someone a set of drawings with levels, and they had to alter them for whatever reason. I would hope that they would bring it to my attention, so that i could consider the possible implications of the alterations. However,  a lot of drawings just say "falls to suit"