Shower head clamp slipping down the rail.

Today I am fixing the static caravan rather than building a house. The clamp that holds the shower head at a variable height has been slipping down the chrome plated rail for months and Swmbo is demanding a resolution.

This morning I have removed the rail and dismantled the clamp down to its smallest parts and nothing is wrong, i.e. the clamp thread is undamaged. The clamp action is a simple cam which pinches a plastic sleeve which should bind the holder to the rail.

Does anyone have a tip for servicing this clamp? I am thinking a good clean to remove any oily shower potions and then rough up the surface of the plastic clamping sleeve with sand paper. If that does not work I might have to resort to a jubilee clip around the rail to prevent the clamp falling below a minimum height. 

6 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Take the slider off the pole then add a couple of layers of insulation tape to the face of the clamp block and then refit it. It will take up the space between the pole and the clamp.

This would hide the fix and still allow for height adjustment, think I will try this first and it it fails use cable tie idea.

9 hours ago, PeterW said:

Take the slider off the pole then add a couple of layers of insulation tape to the face of the clamp block and then refit it. It will take up the space between the pole and the clamp. 

The tape worked after some delicate keyhole surgery to install it. Reckon it is a 90% fix and I have a cable tie ready if it needs backup.