Level Threshold

Pocster

So , the glazing fitters have been as expected job only half done some “glazing to follow”

Anyway , plan was to have internal and external tiles level with large slliders . We discussed and around 18mm would be free .

Stuck the spirit level on and as it meets the door I’ve got maybe 8mm .

Tile 10mm , adhesive 5mm , de coupling Mat etc. Making around 18 .

Erm - what do I do here ? . I assume the tiles are meant to be flush with the track ? . 

EDEE481A-14CC-4168-9AE9-1A7DB1A15CE6.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Looking at you spirit level, does the screed ramp up toward the threshold?  If it does maybe you could grind it down or reduce the adhesive for the lat 100mm.  What goes in the gap?

The gap they left me . Was just going to fill with a screed mix myself . I double checked and at the opening door end there probably is 18mm . So assume the screed is maybe 10mm our across the span of around 7 meters . Did think a concrete grinder might be the solution .

i always go to great pains to try and get my door thresholds standing up about 25mm or so. it wont give me level, but i can live with the 8mm or so, (better than the 4 0r 5 inches you can end up with) I would run the tiles level, and finish the edge with a nice stainless tile trim if my doors have been set low. Just take care to ensure that the opening door does not foul the tiles.

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

i always go to great pains to try and get my door thresholds standing up about 25mm or so. it wont give me level, but i can live with the 8mm or so, (better than the 4 0r 5 inches you can end up with) I would run the tiles level, and finish the edge with a nice stainless tile trim if my doors have been set low. Just take care to ensure that the opening door does not foul the tiles.

Yeah I think the issue is if I ran the tile level they would be above the threshold . I’ll grind the screed one day ........ ?

Just now, pocster said:

Yeah I think the issue is if I ran the tile level they would be above the threshold . I’ll grind the screed one day ........ ?

No i get that. So when your doors are open, and you are outside looking in, all you can see is a little stainless upstand rather that the cut edges of tiles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Oh I see - sorry ; yes I could do that 

Believe me, nobody will even notice. You can grind your screed, but £10 it still wont allow you tiles to be set level. Nothing worse than seeing tiles that sombody has obviously tried to ramp down to a door. It looks sh17e, especially if they distort a reflection.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Believe me, nobody will even notice. You can grind your screed, but £10 it still wont allow you tiles to be set level. Nothing worse than seeing tiles that sombody has obviously tried to ramp down to a door. It looks sh17e, especially if they distort a reflection.

I think what @Mr Punter is saying is that it looks like the screed rises towards the edge (it certainly looks like that) and suggests grinding it down to be flat with the rest of the floor!

Just now, pocster said:

You finished that bloody gate post ?

Posts, plural. No.

Losing what little mojo I had at the moment. Feels like I'm fighting a succession of losing battles against overwhelming odds! 

Maybe I need a SAD lamp! ?

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Posts, plural. No.

Losing what little mojo I had at the moment. Feels like I'm fighting a succession of losing battles against overwhelming odds! 

Maybe I need a SAD lamp! ?

I know it’s plural - I was just making it sound half as bad ?

Man up ! You’ve only got 2 bloody posts to do and a few mincing about bits in the bathroom. Get yourself a proper hobby like building a house ??