Introduction

Johnnyt

Hello all,

I am John and live in north cheshire.

Well, where do I start, perhaps with how I got to where I am now.

Application for one infilling bungalow in green belt in 2014 refused.

Appeal refused in early 2015 although inspector agreed  "not inapproriate development"

After discussion with new planning consultant and a trip to London to visit a planning barrister, on the public access scheme (well worthwhile), new application submitted August 17 refused again.

Appeal Feb 18 validated, but start date Oct 18. Decision end of November 18 allowed with full award of costs and would you believe an indication that 2 properties could be accommodated on the infill plot.

Application April 19 for 2 dwellings approved.

Other plot sold and we are about to commence on build early in new year.

My wife has MS and proposal is dormer bungalow 230 square meters, all accommodation on ground floor with 2 guest bedrooms and bathroom in roof space.

Considering attic trusses or a SIP roof at the moment and initial approach to DNO will allow PV single phase export capacity of 12Kw and total pwer station capacity of 17Kw.

As you can imagine, I have plenty to think about but a given is UFH and I have mains gas passing the doorstep.

I will scan the forums for tips, many I have picked up already, and hope to keep you updated on our journey.

Thank you in antipacation of your interest

• Like 2

Welcome, another win at appeal, good on you. Don’t forget there is no such thing as a stupid question, stupid is not asking. Loads of knowledge here and a good bunch to bounce ideas off, bring on the questions!

Thanks to all for your support.

It was satisfying to win out at the end, I have a feeling the was something of the night about one of my local councillors.

I'll keep looking in and see how you are all doing.

If anyone is interested my last successful appeal  and costs decision are available on the planning inspectorate website under reference

APP/A0665/W/18/3198387.

I would be happy to help anybody with similar planning issues.

Cheers to all of you

John