Thats the last time I ...

Well I had my impact driver in my car and it must of been facing drill bit upwards . Went to Tesco’s bought shopping , stuffed it in my car . Got home and realised the drill bit had gone straight into 6 pints of milk in plastic container. Not a good day ?

• Haha 3

I had to drill down through the head of a wall recently to drop some cables.  I found it must be a tripple head as my 6" long drill bit (less the bit in the chuck) did not reach through.  No problem, I did as I have done many times before, use my "screwdriver bit holder" as a drill extension.  Drilled the hole.  Only this time the drill bit then fell out and is now at the bottom of someone's wall.

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I had to drill down through the head of a wall recently to drop some cables.  I found it must be a tripple head as my 6" long drill bit (less the bit in the chuck) did not reach through.  No problem, I did as I have done many times before, use my "screwdriver bit holder" as a drill extension.  Drilled the hole.  Only this time the drill bit then fell out and is now at the bottom of someone's wall.

thermal mass, you should charge extra for that

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Well I had my impact driver in my car and it must of been facing drill bit upwards . Went to Tesco’s bought shopping , stuffed it in my car . Got home and realised the drill bit had gone straight into 6 pints of milk in plastic container. Not a good day ?

Well my car had a very damp proof boot cos a bucket of the Wickes dam proof membrane fell over and the top came off...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Well my car had a very damp proof boot cos a bucket of the Wickes dam proof membrane fell over and the top came off...

Did it stop the milk soaking in the upholstery? ( spilt milk in hot car smells awful, ask me how I know ?)

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don't mention spilt milk, laptop now dead after milky coffee tsunami 

Try removing batteries, washing in lots of clean water, thorough drying, then restart. Probably will not help but at least you tried to resuscitate the patient. Sugary coffee is worst.

Jerry Pournelle used to recommend taking keyboards into the shower for cleaning.

Can”t see why it would not work for a laptop, as long as it is dried properly afterwards (and backup up first - but then we all have full backups anyway *).

Ferdinand

* /lie

Edited by Ferdinand

On 20/11/2019 at 20:34, Mr Punter said:

Try removing batteries, washing in lots of clean water, thorough drying, then restart. Probably will not help but at least you tried to resuscitate the patient. Sugary coffee is worst.

Thanks for advice but my mate is a techie and it is knackered. The night before my wife closed the laptop lid and one hinge broke so when I poured coffee on it I finished the job!!

11 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Jerry Pournelle used to recommend taking keyboards into the shower for cleaning.

Must have been in a book of his I had not read.

I liked  'A Step further out'.  Think I still have my copy from the 1981.

I never realised he had died, but he was well into his 80's.

Edited by SteamyTea