Stone worktop suppliers in the Inverness area

ProDave

The purchase of the proper stone worktop for the kitchen is imminent.  But the choice of suppliers locally seems limited.

A quick internet search finds several websites, until you find they all lead to the same actual stone supplier.

So we visited that one today and found a nice piece of granite in their yard and got a quote to do the kitchen worktop, upstand, a stone panel for the end of the units and a stone hearth for the stove to stand on, all from the same stone.

It would be nice to find a second supplier to get a comparison with, but I can't find one.  There was one other listed but they are not answering their phone and a search of where they should be did not find them, so I suspect they no longer exist.

Any recommendations?

The only comparison we have so far is a quote for Silistone, which is not very much cheaper and we would prefer the real stone for not a lot more.

Just now, Thedreamer said:

I take it was stone source you were at @ProDave that's where our hearth came from.

Some lovely marble outside when we were there.

That's the one.  You can see where people get very large island worktops from.  

A good selection and we found one we like that they have 3 large slabs of at the moment.

Are there any others in the area because I have not found them if there are?

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

That's the one.  You can see where people get very large island worktops from.  

A good selection and we found one we like that they have 3 large slabs of at the moment.

Are there any others in the area because I have not found them if there are?

I'm not aware of any others. They were recommended to us by other self builders and tradesmen.

We were pleased with the hearth, it's was reasonably priced, nice finish and they cut the dimensions spot on to the measurements we provided.

Could you consider a little further field, prehaps a trip to Aberdeen?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...