2 men. 6 hours. One wheelchair entrance.

Ferdinand

To complete this mini thread, t we are the ramp supports I used.

This Version of WallBarn ASPs has self-levelling heads which can tilt to about 3 degrees to compensate for minimal fall or irregularities on a roof, or here generate a smooth slope.

These are the standard version which take about 600kg each, and adjust up and down by a couple of inches.

Costs are about  £3.20 for a 40mm ish small one to about £5 and a bit for a 260mm ish big one, with others in between to give a range of sizes.

14BA18AF-54C2-41A1-A880-16A435965CB4.thumb.jpeg.0c1adb5556e79efc1249620e2580bbb2.jpeg

A341169F-FF24-4CCD-B9A0-177886EDC8CF.thumb.jpeg.4eb96b7e3ef9b76cfb44f295f42d4c09.jpeg

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, Tennentslager said:

Surely that’s going to wobble and move...?

Can you drive a big power w/chair around it with a driver that makes mistakes, cos you know folk do put a wheel off the edge etc

Yep.  Good point to raise.

That is a crucial aspect, as Wallbarn explored with me.

In my case, the main use will be mum (<50kg) in a manual wheelchair, and we do not often have visitors in the big buggies.

I will be embedding the last slab into a 2" deep recess in the drive (or building a 2" concrete wedge), held in by mortar, and where the corner outside the front door is there will be a dwarf wall round both exposed sides to one to two courses above the level of the path. So horizontal movement will be difficult as the requirement will be to shunt hundreds of kg of slab along, and the 2" thickness will reduce the tendency to lift them by a force applied along the plane of the surface.

The side between the path and the house will be filled with river pebbles (ie 3-5 inch size stones).

There is a potential issue with the big (Type 3 8mph 200kg approx iirc) buggies if someone decides to try and attempt wheelies or the reaction to fast starts, but that will stop the slabs simply moving horizontally. And they are the mothers of all slabs at about 65kg each.

So my judgement is that in my circs it is sufficient risk management for the few years it will be there.

But all comments are most welcome, as in some respects this is experimental, and I am keen for debate.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand