Stop-valve key - trying to source and Intex 2 spare

ToughButterCup

Two very nice young men came to fit my water meter yesterday yesterday .  Very very nice men.  They even set the meter to 00000 . That was good of them wannit?  But there was a hiccup

They didn't have a stop-valve key for this meter : an Atlantic  Plastics Intex 2  - the key fits this  part of the assembly

20191116_092337.thumb.jpg.51ac2d3df29202bfda56f94ca8ee3c28.jpg

The key looks as if it fits in the groove on the black plastic.

I've tried to source a spare key online, but can't find a supplier. The people I bought the meter from aren't interested (Berrys at Leyland ?)

I have a feeling that a pair of mole grips will do the job, but with my extra-special hands I doubt I'd be able to turn a pair of grips in that confined space. 

Anyone know where to source Intex 2 spares online? 

The sharper eyed among you will notice a pond of water under the meter. Should I get the water Board back to fix that, or just ignore it?

Thanks

Ian

Mine is very similar. The handle has a U shaped end with the two ends of the U fitting into the slot either side of the countersunk screw.  

Mine was this type https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/atplas-boudary-water-meter-box-2mm-telesscopic-more-than-ono-07712477650/153723441736?hash=item23caa19248:g:gK0AAOSwq~BdzDYx

Contact him and see if he has a spare key?

Toby: that's the one @scottishjohn : I'll try mine - but in doing so - because the key is so long, I'll need to cross the road , wait for the traffic to die down, and try fitting it from there.  

Or I suppose I could try cutting it down, and welding the handle back on .  That should provide @Declan52 with a laugh....

• 3 years later...
On 16/11/2019 at 13:00, ToughButterCup said:

I did ask them.....? Looks like a call to Talis  is on the cards then..... Thanks Pete.

Sorry to jump on a very old thread but did a toby key work on this meter or did you have to source a spare key, i have recently run into a problem where i need to turn this particular meter off.

Thanks