The difference between Grade A and Grade A cladding

Roz

10 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Without wanting to be cynical (Ok, I am being cynical ?)......

What do you think the chances are that online/remote suppliers send you samples of their “better” pieces of timber? A foot long sample is not really going to be any guide to a large order which may come from multiple stock.

I am with others in that find a local mill, go and look at the stock. If they’re half competent then they should be able to create any profile you want. 

Ok, you might spend a bit more but this is something you are going to look at for many, many years to come! 

just my 2p’s worth. 

I found most of the local mills only stocked English, and it was the specialty cladding companies that stocked overseas. 

11 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Without wanting to be cynical (Ok, I am being cynical ?)......

What do you think the chances are that online/remote suppliers send you samples of their “better” pieces of timber? A foot long sample is not really going to be any guide to a large order which may come from multiple stock.

I am with others in that find a local mill, go and look at the stock. If they’re half competent then they should be able to create any profile you want. 

Ok, you might spend a bit more but this is something you are going to look at for many, many years to come! 

just my 2p’s worth. 

Cynicism would argue good sample to get the money then a poor product when it it too late.