Adoption of local list of historic buildings..

Hannah

I’ve been leafing through documents and low and behold found letter from spatial planning from a few years back.

Actual wording is ‘ Adoption of Local List of Historic Buildings Statement Supplementary Planning Document’

I am not going to be altering the main house in any way but want to try and get PP for a part of the garden to build a small house.

Will it be worth forking out a load of money to get the process started  or is the likelihood I’ll get knocked straight back?

Welcome to the forum.

It's can be very difficult to predict what planners will say. Our plot already had planning permission yet it still took over a year to get a new design approved. In the end after going round in circles we got something very close to our original drawings approved.

I would apply for what you want or submit drawings for pre-application advice, but be prepared to listen and make changes. If you really can't live with the requested changes consider hiring a planning consultant to review your proposal to see if he thinks your proposal reasonable. If necessary be prepared to be rejected and take it to appeal.