Hybris insulation

Red

Hi probably been covered but here goes, looking to insulate attic truss pitched roof and Hybris insulation keeps being suggested to me but I have no experience of using this product ,my timbers are 175mm so a 125mm Hybris between timbers along with the 40/45mm  Hcontrol Hybrid over the top,taped counter batten and plasterboard, in the past used the appropriate Kingspan etc with insulated plasterboard, fitting the Kingspan is a job I don't personally enjoy so potentially the Hybris is a less time consuming less messy alternative, so any thoughts appreciated 

Hybris is an odd product as it’s not the same as the foil crap, it has a honeycomb back to it like a ‘’ normal” insulation. 

No experience of it in practice but I would expect it is a bit of a challenge to get the joints correct. 

6 hours ago, Red said:

Hi probably been covered but here goes, looking to insulate attic truss pitched roof and Hybris insulation keeps being suggested to me but I have no experience of using this product ,my timbers are 175mm so a 125mm Hybris between timbers along with the 40/45mm  Hcontrol Hybrid over the top,taped counter batten and plasterboard, in the past used the appropriate Kingspan etc with insulated plasterboard, fitting the Kingspan is a job I don't personally enjoy so potentially the Hybris is a less time consuming less messy alternative, so any thoughts appreciated 

We have 140mm Hybris between the rafters (105mm in the walls) with Hcontrol over, taped, counter-battened and plaster boarded. Works for us, but there are those on here who will tell you it's snake oil.

Edited by NSS

Had the rep for the Hybris product visit me ,obviously trying to sell the product promoting all the benefits etc also mentioned that its gained NHBC and LABC approval, price wise it's also cheaper per sqm than the make up that I am used to using , so Hybris  or Kingspan  etc 

The issue here is that initially this company was promoting a product that didn't work in the way claimed at all.  Caused a stir and a lot of suspicion, as they had claimed that the multifoil element could provide far greater levels of insulation than it can in practice, and consequently there was a fair bit of mistrust (well-founded, given the chequered history of the introduction of multifoil products, with their ludicrous and easily disproven claims).

They changed the product completely, so that now it works almost entirely as a conventional insulation material, the foil layers do very little, other than, possibly, reducing air movement a little bit.  There's no long wavelength IR to be worth being bothered about inside the fabric of the structure, so the foil is now really only there to differentiate this product from competitors.   It's performs at about the same level as most other fluffy-type blanket insulation materials, and they are quoting a sensible value for λ of 0.033 W/m, pretty typical of a fibre-type insulation (rock wool is around 0.032 W/m.K, wood fibre is around 0.037 W/m.K, PIR foam is around 0.022 W/m.K) .

It's no better, or worse, than most other fluffy type insulation, but that's wholly down to the honeycomb fluffy stuff, not the foil layers.  It does have the advantage all fluffy blanket type insulation has of being relatively easy to fit well between frames, and an additional advantage in that it is as clean and comfortable to use as wood fibre (so much  nicer than rock wool).  The downside is that it has a pretty short decrement delay when compared to  wood fibre, or even rock wool.

• Like 1