'Patent Glazing' solutions for lightwell

Red Kite

Hi, we are looking for a patent glazing solution for a flat-ish lightwell about 1.3m x 6m. It sits at about ground level so needs to be safe toughened / laminated and can 'flat' or up to about 15 deg pitch. There seems to be some on going joke on the board about walk-on glass that I dont understand but this could be walk on, but doesn't need to be. It needs to be thermally efficient since it sits in the thermal envelope of a 'close to PH' house - so triple glazed panels and some form of thermally broken framework. It abuts a vertical wall on one side and sits atop the basement wall at the other.

We were envisaging some form of 'patent glazing' i.e.  cross beams separating the 6m length into bays that get glazing panels.

Has anyone done anything similar - any thoughts? and suppliers?

Thx

I can't help with your issue, but the "walk on glazing" thing is a certain member who I won't name, ordered some walk on glazing, but "someone" got the measurements wrong and what he got was too small for the job.  I believe these panels are still for sale.

What’s your budget ..??

For walk on structural “standard” panels we were quoted about £1k/sqm plus fitting. That was 10L/16/6T units with a 50mm over size edge. 

They were 300x800 or so, and got discounted rapidly due to price. If you want 3G then add another layer of toughened or laminated plus a warm spacer so I think you will need to budget £1500-1800/sqm for that with frame and installation. 

Roof Maker do all sorts of stuff so they may be a good starting point ..??