Pipework Behind Kitchen Units

Toppers

We have waste pipe that would be very difficult to re-locate along a wall where we have a run of new base units, there are also heating pipes which is making the whole thing protrude from the wall around 80mm, my fear is that we will struggle to fit in the integrated oven that is 550mm deep, has anyone got over a similar issue?

41 minutes ago, Toppers said:

We have waste pipe that would be very difficult to re-locate along a wall where we have a run of new base units, there are also heating pipes which is making the whole thing protrude from the wall around 80mm, my fear is that we will struggle to fit in the integrated oven that is 550mm deep, has anyone got over a similar issue?

Can you make them lower - without seeing the situation it is hard to know for sure, but pipes can be run under cabinets for sure - just depends on other aspects how difficult it would be. 

If waste goes through the wall then that is an issue, but if through the floor or at floor level that would work, or core new waste hole at floor level etc.

Can you post some images of the location/pipes.

Edited by Carrerahill

2 hours ago, wozza said:

80mm is a lot - what size are the pipes?

Most kitchen units have a service void that will easily accept a 40mm waste pipe.

Post some pics and measure the pipes.

I think he has to pass heating pipes, so by the time you take the 15mm heating pipes, their brackets and the waste pipe to pass that, 80mm is feasible.

Moving the units forward is the practical solution for sure. I'd build the whole run, screw them all together, position them to miss the pipework, level the whole lot then contort something to attach them to the wall. Simples.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, christianbeccy said:

I think he has to pass heating pipes, so by the time you take the 15mm heating pipes, their brackets and the waste pipe to pass that, 80mm is feasible.

Moving the units forward is the practical solution for sure. I'd build the whole run, screw them all together, position them to miss the pipework, level the whole lot then contort something to attach them to the wall. Simples.

This is almost exactly the situation, there are 25mm heating pipes on brackets with the 45mm waste in front. I'm going to see if I can get the waste any lower so its beneath plinth level but I don't want to lose the fall on the pipe. Not sure if a small Saniflo would be of use if I did that.

I might do as you say then maybe screw a timber to the wall to fix the units to.

Edited by Toppers

3 hours ago, Toppers said:

My wife had already decided she wanted 750 deep quarts worktops

Which helped me with the fitting I simply ran the wastes a pipes on the surface and fixed two 50 mil timbers to the wall 

Which gave me a 100 mil service void 

As pictured 

C6D09EC8-A413-4318-A7A3-0257206925D0.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toppers said:

This is almost exactly the situation, there are 25mm heating pipes on brackets with the 45mm waste in front. I'm going to see if I can get the waste any lower so its beneath plinth level but I don't want to lose the fall on the pipe. Not sure if a small Saniflo would be of use if I did that.

I might do as you say then maybe screw a timber to the wall to fix the units to.

I had to do a similar thing behind my washing machine, wasn't my favourite piece of work to be honest, but good luck.

18 minutes ago, nod said:

My wife had already decided she wanted 750 deep quarts worktops

Which helped me with the fitting I simply ran the wastes a pipes on the surface and fixed two 50 mil timbers to the wall 

Which gave me a 100 mil service void 

As pictured 

C6D09EC8-A413-4318-A7A3-0257206925D0.jpeg

That looks pretty good to be fair, you didn't get your units from DIY-Kitchens by any chance did you?

My brother inlaw had a Plummer fit pipes in his kitchen, then got me to fit his units but they had only about 25mm as a void (can’t remember where he got them), luckily the wall was thermalite blocks so I chiselled the wall away and buried the pipes into the wall.