Good place to buy bathrooms from

H F

We're in the market for good quality, reasonably priced bathroom stuff: bath, shower, basins, etc.

Any suggestions for a good place to buy these online? There are all the usual suspects when you google them, but was wondering whether there are quiet gems you guys have used. Ferdinand recommended a really place for buying beading from a while ago, which never came up on searches. Suggestions welcome.

There are some suppliers on my costings piece for my recent b/room on the blog.

Some stuff is commoditised - eg shower screens from well feedbacked ebay suppliers. 

I use Ikea for whbs, stands and cupboards but have the stainless steel legs and doors that you are sure will not rust.

For showers and baths and taps, decide what you want and then find the best supplier for you.

49 minutes ago, Home Farm said:

We're in the market for good quality, reasonably priced bathroom stuff: bath, shower, basins, etc.

Any suggestions for a good place to buy these online? There are all the usual suspects when you google them, but was wondering whether there are quiet gems you guys have used. Ferdinand recommended a really place for buying beading from a while ago, which never came up on searches. Suggestions welcome.

Ron Currie's are actually huge on ebay - 21000 feedback ratings in whatever the period is. at 100% positive. They tell me they have several staff just processing orders.

That is a good telltale.

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

There are some suppliers on my costings piece for my recent b/room on the blog.

Some stuff is commoditised - eg shower screens from well feedbacked ebay suppliers. 

I use Ikea for whbs, stands and cupboards but have the stainless steel legs and doors that you are sure will not rust.

For showers and baths and taps, decide what you want and then find the best supplier for you.

Off to read your blog now.

Just now, Ferdinand said:

Finally, quite a few here use German suppliers such as Megabad, but that has been somewhat poleaxed by the currency decline.

We have a euro account on account of the brexit drama which we created when sterling was going down. So won’t be affected by currency exchange. Will check them out now.

4 minutes ago, Home Farm said:

Does megabad have an English page. I selected GB, but still all text is German.

Big FAQ in English, plus try Google Translate.

Also, SkyBad exists. (Bad = "bath")

Quite a bt of info on BH

Edited by Ferdinand

My bath is massive and boxed in. A couple of things I did which really work are partially sink it into the floor so there's no level change stepping in and out. I also sloped the sides inward so you can stand closer when reaching over to the taps etc. The taps also have a quick release system for changing them etc.

Pre grouting the bath sides:

20190202_161445

2019-06-12_06-41-36

There's 150mm of pir under the bath (under the grey painted concrete) except where the sunken bit is, only 50mm under that bit. The side walls have 50mm pir then 50mm eps where the bath is. It does stay warm tba.

20170110_201438

20161212_203148

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1