An interesting mirror project

SteamyTea

Looks fun for the sake of doing it, but another "solution looking for a problem"

If you are going to make one and have a timber framed house, set it flush into the timber frame.  If building a new house, plan the depth of the service void in that room so it will go in flush.

2 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Just 1

Yes the camera takes up one pixel of the screen, so you don't notice it but it could be mega pixel itself although the basic tec is indeed single. Have a look here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.osapublishing.org/viewmedia.cfm%3Furi%3Doe-27-3-3731%26seq%3D0&ved=2ahUKEwiBwrK0lt3lAhXJUBUIHVFuBR0QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1SgP7BXGnZWSlzlJAFifX8 It means you can look directly at the screen rather than a camera of to one side or above. I dimmly recal they are now working on multi single pixel which would make things even better.

@MikeSharp01

Ok, I seem to remember reading about this once.

All a bit Boogie Nights having mirrors and cameras.

I was just thinking of some weather and energy data, maybe a reminder of two.

But maybe a plug in that films the missus could be the solution to the problem that @ProDavewants, they have long winters where he lives.

8 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

'[...] not that I spend much time in front of one.

Now there's a characteristic we share, @SteamyTea, at least we did until I started going to the gym.

It  has mirrors on all walls - and in front of each, loads of anorexic stick insects stretching, bending, arching, flexing, balancing, pretending that they are in some sort of Zen-like zone of concentration and calm. I hate it.

Nowhere to hide from my paunch.

9 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

I can do all the woodwork to a better standard than that. But then he started talking computers and he lost me. I wish i was more tech savi. Nice idea though. Love it

23 minutes ago, Adrian Walker said:

without a word being said by me. 

How does it know what information you want?

Not saying this mirror project is a replacement for home automation, or even a replacement for a notebook, pencil or diary.

Just thought it as a nice combination of two existing technologies. One fairly old, and the other very old.

• Like 1