Pile loadings

Big Jimbo

I am soooooo bored waiting for the engineer to come back to me with a quote, let alone then getting him to actually do some calcs. Would anybody know what a typical loading on a pile would be ? Ground floor, block and block. first floor timber frame, roof trusses and tiles. 5/10/15/20 ton a pile at 4mts apart ? Ring beam on top of pile.

3 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

I am soooooo bored waiting for the engineer to come back to me with a quote, let alone then getting him to actually do some calcs. Would anybody know what a typical loading on a pile would be ? Ground floor, block and block. first floor timber frame, roof trusses and tiles. 5/10/15/20 ton a pile at 4mts apart ? Ring beam on top of pile.

Any reason you need to know this. 

My architect sent the drawings to the piling engineer, he designed the piles and then they got put in. 

Having known the loadings myself I don’t think anything would have changed. 

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

Any reason you need to know this. 

My architect sent the drawings to the piling engineer, he designed the piles and then they got put in. 

Having known the loadings myself I don’t think anything would have changed. 

I know Russell, just so bored waiting. I don't need piles because of the ground, i need it because of trees. Two large poplars, Two beech, Two Oak, and 6m conifers. If they dont get a move on i'll just do 3 mt deep footings and fill them with concrete.

12 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

I know Russell, just so bored waiting. I don't need piles because of the ground, i need it because of trees. Two large poplars, Two beech, Two Oak, and 6m conifers. If they dont get a move on i'll just do 3 mt deep footings and fill them with concrete.

Unless you are tight on budget I would pile rather than a 3m trench, I went down 2.3 with a big extension and it was horrible, so messy sides collapsed, had to shore it all up, props and ply and mud every where 

the piles we have just done where done in a week with no mess and fuss. 

I would pile straightaway if over 2m. 

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

Unless you are tight on budget I would pile rather than a 3m trench, I went down 2.3 with a big extension and it was horrible, so messy sides collapsed, had to shore it all up, props and ply and mud every where 

the piles we have just done where done in a week with no mess and fuss. 

I would pile straightaway if over 2m. 

Your right Russell, just wish people would do what they promise and crack on.

• Like 1