Underfloor heating Manifold with Heat exchange pump. What is it that I just bough?

Patrick

Hello, maybe some of the educated people on here are able to shed some light onto this purchase.

As the Foundation is progressing, I  needed a manifold for the UFH system. To have that in place before the screed goes down. So i looked on ebay , and found that loads are coming from Germany .

Thought I skip the importers and just order directly. Had a quick look on German Gumtree as well and found a cheap offer for a Manifold  including a LAING FP5000 Heat exchange pump(At least thats what it translates as), pickup only but next to mums town, so she quickly done me that favour.

Looks like this:

image.png.6942d60d03a2599ff7f3c56c49508257.png

image.thumb.png.9562a60f9cee7914914bf1e48ce29fe8.png

The Label says:

TYPE:            FP5000

Serial No.:    110110

primary:        boiler circle

max pressure: 10 bar

max. Temp : 110deg

secondary :   heating circuit

max pressure : 6 bar

max. Temp : 110deg

Laing was bought by Xylem and so the Laing pumps are not produced anymore

My technical knowledge in regards to heating system is fairly limited and I am struggling even more with translating between German/English terminology.

There  is only a German manual (http://www.bosy-online.de/Systemtrennung/Laing_Systemanbindung.pdf ). I can read it , but it s telling me nothing tbh.

The tricky bit is that I am fluent in German, but never worked anything to do with construction or anything technical at all over there. Now I do, but all i learned in the years between is the English terminology.

Maybe someone is able to tell me what kind of pump this is. Because it says it is a heat exchange pump with it s own separate 6kw heater , which I didnt come across yet (again, what do i know)

I mainly bought the item for  the manifold . The rest really was just a bonus. The seller bought it around 18years ago and never installed it (rich farmer) and now just wanted to tidy his garages . Said he paid 1000£ for it , so it might be worth installing the pump as well.

Any opinions on it?

Edited by Patrick
spelling