Planning permission Strategies

Water

Hi all,

My planning consultant has suggested the strategy of using multiple planning applications to achieve something loosely resembling what I was after from the beginning, which really isnt that radical and I think has a decent chance of being approved anyway.

I was expecting to we would submit two applications as previously agreed, but now he is recommending three. It all seems a bit crazy to me..

Anyone else taken this approach?

I know someone that wanted to build a massive extension to a house in green belt that met with lots of objections.

He had 2 applications running concurrently.  The objectors never noticed this, so the second application had no objections because they had all objected to the first one and nobody noticed the different planning application number, so the second one passed.

It made the local paper as there was outrage at what happened and I suspect procedures changed after that.

• Like 1

A few years ago I was advised to apply for more than you want/need, if you get it great you can then worry how to pay for it or submit an amendment to scale it back to what you wanted to start with.

If it is rejected scale it back to what you wanted.

No point only asking for what you want then having to compromise from the start 

23 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

A few years ago I was advised to apply for more than you want/need, if you get it great you can then worry how to pay for it or submit an amendment to scale it back to what you wanted to start with.

If it is rejected scale it back to what you wanted.

No point only asking for what you want then having to compromise from the start 

Always ask for more, and you can scale back, also if the council feel they are reducing your development a bit they can feel like they are doing their bit to limit over development. A project I have worked on recently had sacrificial element that the applicant had put in but wasn't too bothered as a bit of a bargaining chip.

Also note that if you get knocked back, you do get a free go on planning fees, if you re-apply within a year