30s/40s outbuilding

deano85

Evening all. Im Dean... 

Unlike most in here, im not looking to try anything too big. 

I work a fair bit so other than general decorating, i tend to get tradesman in for jobs and piece if mind... 

I do however have a little project im looking to take on myself over the winter, so am looking for a little advice

I have a old outbuilding with a shuttered concrete roof, inside are 2 walls in a 'T' shape making a shed at 1 end and a smal toilet and coal shed at the other end... 

Ive allways wanted a big shed/workshop

So... 

What are the chances of removing said walls? 

They are not tied into the outside walls, but the outside walls are only 1 brick thick. 

Theres a lentil that goes from 1 side to the other above the 2 doors which will remain

This sort of work would not be hard for me if possible

Any advice would be great

Cheers

Screenshot_20191102_223104_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_20191102_223112_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by deano85

Good on you for having a go, I did a job on a similar extension and it was like a bomb proof building, burnt out two Kango hammers demolishing a wall, (luckily I rented them) not saying yours will be that hard but be careful ?. If the lintel spans the building it should be ok but at the moment it is supported between the doors so not taking the whole weight. Might be a good idea to get a builder in “to give you a quote” and see what he says about it!.