Grease guns: is it just me?

ToughButterCup

To adapt the words of  the song "Some girls do, some girls don't ", some days the grease gun lets me, and some days it won't.

Today, it won't. Pump grease that is.

The number of times I have used a grease gun successfully is far outweighed by the slippery-fingered-fulminating-damned-awful-annoyance-ridden efforts at loading and getting any out of the end of the connecting hose.

'S Friday innit. Off to the gym (to watch a load of stick insects commune with their iPhones) and then the pub.

Sod it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

To adapt the words of  the song "Some girls do, some girls don't ", some days the grease gun lets me, and some days it won't.

Today, it won't. Pump grease that is.

The number of times I have used a grease gun successfully is far outweighed by the slippery-fingered-fulminating-damned-awful-annoyance-ridden efforts at loading and getting any out of the end of the connecting hose.

'S Friday innit. Off to the gym (to watch a load of stick insects commune with their iPhones) and then the pub.

Sod it.

Does your grease gun have an air bleeder? Air pockets in the packed grease will basically stop it from working.

It won't pump grease?

You know it's full of grease but the handle's all floppy and offers no resistance when you pump?

You need to bleed the gun:

Whilst pumping stick a small screwdriver in to depress the little ball bearing on the lid. This to let the air out.

If that doesn't work:

1) Undo the top of the grease gun by 2,3,4 turns until it's nearly coming off.

2) Pump the handle until grease comes out where the top joins the body.

3) Whilst grease is pi$$ing out keep the pressure on and screw the lid on. Grease should now come out of the end  coupler where it's supposed to.

Save the grease that comes out of the lid in a jam jar etc

Send pics of gym bunnies please!

I'm good at latching on to nipples ; my gun needs a small nozzle to fit into the recessed nipples - that's not the problem. 

@Onoff, Thanks for the clear set of instructions. I will have a try on Monday.

This weekend is OFFFFFFFski. Lie in. Breakfast in bed. Gym. Gym swim swim. Sleep sleep. Eat eat. Doze Rugby. 

• Thanks 1