Trees Trees and more Trees....

Mulberry View

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

o op: imo do at least what you need to do first. But bear in mind that if you get it wrong  you can't reverse it.

that works both ways --they can,t make you put a tree back up --only make you  plant another one 

do what you need now  would be my view and course of action  if no TPO  in force

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They cannot make you plant a new tree, full stop end of

if a tree is not covered by a restriction to not carry out work to it without consent, then you can do what you like with it, 

they cannot come along after the event and say : ooh ooh I wish we had of put a TPO on that missing tree can you now plant one back. 

If you apply to remove a tree and are granted consent they may ask for a replacement to be planted, you can ask to locate this replacement in a better location and you can ask to change species, both of these may be refused but you do have a say if you ask nicely. 

go down the council office ask for some plans showing TPO trees near your property and also conservation areas,get copies of these for your records. 

I bet you  that the tree officer doesn’t come running down stars jumps in his car and screeches around to your gaff waiving a TPO about, they really have not got the staff to go running all over the borough every time a saw is started. 

Now if you are talking about a high profile site viewed by the locals everyday with a prominent tree slap bang on the frontage and you go in and ask questions, then that might raise a few eyebrows, but if it’s such an important tree then they should have TPO it in the first place. 

22 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

if a tree is not covered by a restriction to not carry out work to it without consent, then you can do what you like with it, 

they cannot come along after the event and say

Obliquely related to this, I do have a planning restriction to replace a tree as follows…

If any tree shown to be retained on the approved tree protection methodology is removed, uprooted, destroyed or dies within five years of project completion, another tree shall be planted at the same place and that tree shall be of such size and species, and shall be planted at such time, as may be specified in writing by the local planning authority.

22 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Now if you are talking about a high profile site viewed by the locals everyday with a prominent tree slap bang on the frontage

You describe my chestnut tree precisely :S

Edited by Dreadnaught

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Not apocryphal. I think that in some places it is Standard Operating Procedure, and in some places in the normal practise.

To op: imo do at least what you need to do first. But bear in mind that if you get it wrong  you can't reverse it. IMO if there TPOs then do not break the rules. You can check either online in some places, or by asking for a map of the area with TPOs, carefully asking for an adjacent address that will include yours.

F

Definitely no current TPO's on the address.