Fitting a gutter clip

daiking

I bottled it.

There was a scaffold clip in the way so I couldn’t get enough movement in the gutter and the other end was in the neighbours without the scaffold so it was stuck.

Such a simple fixed needed and it’s going to cost hundreds ?

Can you cut it or cut out a portion, use a joiner as the bracket or fit a clip and use two joiners to put the cut out bit back (might not look perfect but might get the job done)? Also you might find self adhesive gutter liner a help.

Edited by MikeSharp01
typo

4 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Can you cut it or cut out a portion, use a joiner as the bracket or fit a clip and use two joiners to put the cut out bit back (might not look perfect but might get the job done)? Also you might find self adhesive gutter liner a help.

This would have worked as I did buy a joint as well as a bag of  10 clips (not sold singly). But it was after 9 at night at night, raining and I was having to climb in and out of my son's bedroom windrow when he should have been asleep so not really the best time.

I did clean it out at least which should help...

From the joint you can see the next clip was 1.5m away but that scaffold Clip was keeping it in place. The video I have shows the gutter overflowing because it is full/flexing not necessarily just over shooting the gutter as run off from the roof.

9FFE11E7-570F-4169-9275-1372BB416736.jpeg

Edited by daiking

3 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Have to admit that if it was above about 10ft I would wait for my next handyman or roofer visit, and leave it as a last hour job.

Sympathy with the worry. Presumably like me, you don't bounce.

I do need a roofer as there is a leak around the chimney somewhere. FML.

Scaffolders have not come back yet so I’m trying again this afternoon. Going to cut it and join it. 

hope I can get a straight enough cut with a multi tool so it doesn’t leak like Tory cabinet. 

• 2 weeks later...

This really needs another downpipe so I am not at the mercy of the neighbours dirty gutters but I think I have successfully pushed this problem into next year by cleaning as much out as I could and fitting a joint to provide support where the problem seems to be at its worst.