Geberit Aqua clean 8000 plus Toilet

Angela

Has anyone had experience with these toilets? The hinge and seat is broken and I’ve been quoted approx £500 to replace. It’s used as a standard toilet, the extra washing features are never used. Would it be possible to replace the broken hinge and seat with a standard off the shelf seat? If so, is it easy to do? Thanks. 

E86BC176-A202-494F-BEFF-DD9CD1A3AE73.jpeg

93B0642B-724F-412E-A701-BC0674A44537.png

E02DCC7F-B0A6-4477-B592-07E5AAAF438D.jpeg

Do you have the age / model number and what exactly is broken ..??

The Aquaclean 8000 plus has a heavy duty seat as it’s designed to be used as a self care unit. 

If you’ve got photos of what is broken it may be possible to get spares from Geberit direct, the issue is that the hinge post itself is part of the base not the seat, so you would struggle to get anything “standard” to fit. 

Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to reply. 

The screw that secures the hinge to the toilet base snapped (see photo). So that complete hinge bit will need replacing.

As for the seat, the two rod things that slot into the hinge, one moves freely and one doesn’t. I’ve tried to get it moving, thinking maybe that is what caused the hinge to snap in the first place? Not sure if it has seized up somehow but  I can’t get it to move at all. Maybe it was never meant to move? I don’t remember. Again, see photos. 

Model no. See photo, is the number you require?

I thought maybe I could just get a standard seat and lid with hinge and screw into the frame as per a normal toilet, but actually on further inspection/thought, as you say, maybe that won’t be possible as the toilet isn’t flat like a normal toilet, it has a bit of a bend to it. I dunno what I’m talking about to be honest. I’m not a plumber. Just someone trying to fix my mums toilet. ??‍♀️

FA1BDA6E-D5B4-4B2F-BC0F-10588A5A3727.jpeg

96D2CF0C-ADD8-42B2-BA48-E5B4356F9913.jpeg

DFB3E9EE-337A-4FCF-A556-C076092D8E80.jpeg

F4948F51-417A-490F-9653-C9C5A92E2934.jpeg

Ok - that hinge is not available as a spare part but you may be able to get someone to drill out the old stud and get a new one inserted - local small engineering or machine shop would be the choice. 

On the seat.... they are available as a spare, but are £200+ as they are reinforced ..!!

https://www.independent4life.co.uk/geberit-seat-and-lid-for-aquaclean-8000-series-shower-toilets-white.html