Just saying Hello

Andrea

Hello,

Thought I would introduce myself as I've been browsing on here for a few weeks and it seemed rude not to say hi.

We have had an offer accepted on an agricultural steel framed barn (has PP) in the north west (England) which we are hoping to develop into two properties and live in one of them.  It currently contains a barn owl (my intial concerns are mainly about the owl!).  It has electric and water but will require a septic tank. No gas.

As cheesy as it sounds this is a bucket list thing, we've been looking for somewhere suitable for a while (probably the same as most of you!) and am keen to use renewable tech. I have done quite a lot of research (& still know nothing!) which is what led me to your forum.

I'll try not to be too needy ?but looking forward to getting to know you all!

Andrea

Edited by Andrea

2 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Hello,

Thought I would introduce myself as I've been browsing on here for a few weeks and it seemed rude not to say hi.

We have had an offer accepted on an agricultural steel framed barn (has PP) in the north west (England) which we are hoping to develop into two properties and live in one of them.  It currently contains a barn owl (my intial concerns are mainly about the owl!).  It has electric and water but will require a septic tank. No gas.

As cheesy as it sounds this is a bucket list thing, we've been looking for somewhere suitable for a while (probably the same as most of you!) and am keen to use renewable tech. I have done quite a lot of research (& still know nothing!) which is what led me to your forum.

I'll try not to be too needy ?but looking forward to getting to know you all!

Andrea

Welcome, you will fit right in with  @AnonymousBoschand me as we know nothing!! There are a few of us in the North West, where abouts are you?

Hi @Pete, That's good then!  We're in Cheshire now (so only just north west!). Lived in Lancashire for a few years with work though so hoping I qualify ? 

Edited by Andrea

Hmmmmmmm, Cheshire. Must be rich then.......?

Most, if not all of my cock-ups are documented here on BH .  @Pete is being a bit creative with the truth - he's done a lot of self this and that, and his place is really very interesting - only seen it from the otuside (still waiting for an invitation, mind!).

That owl worries me a bit.

Principally because the ecology part of our house build was an expensive exercise - but ultimately very successful aspect of the build. The ecology  needs handling with care. And by that I mean not allowing interest groups to push their agenda to the extent that they sometimes do.

PM me if you like..... ?