Self-build in West Sussex

Thorfun

Hi all,

about 4 years ago we found a property ripe for demolish and rebuild. while we were on holiday we were gazumped on that property! ?

then we found another property (a barn for conversion) that was going to be perfect. after 2 years of trying to sort out access over a 3rd-parties land and various other legal issues the sellers decided to pull out of the sale. ?

not letting the b*****ds get us down we continued to look and have now found and completed on a rundown 70s bungalow that has permission for a replacement dwelling on a plot of just under 1 acre. ?

we're currently working with an architect to draw up the plans we want for the house and then have the whole planning process to go through and then maybe in about 18 months we'll have a finished house but, for now, we're really excited about this upcoming journey our family will be going on.

I wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to being part of this self-build community.

cheers,

Tom.

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

Hello @Thorfun. An acre is a good size plot.  There a quite a few members in Sussex.  I am a developer rather than self builder.  @sussexlogs has a blog of his build here. He is more hands on than most.

thanks for this. I'll take a look at his blog. I have a lot of reading to do. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

am I being completely dumb but I can't seem to find a way to create a blog! can anyone point me in the direction of how to do that? I have a personal website that I could use but thought it might be more useful to host it here

never mind. I found it on the forum guidelines.

"Starting a Blog

Many members choose to record their project by using the forum’s blog facility. A blog is a great way of recording your progress and sharing it with others. The blog functionality can be enabled via a request using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum. Once the functionality has been enabled you will have the ability to ‘Create Blog’ from within your user profile."