CLAYBOARD/clayshield / heave protection around piles

Patrick

I was told by my BC officer today that he maybe wants to see a clayshield/CLAYBOARD sleeve around the piles. I read about it before somewhere, but can't find it now. These are some sleeves around the top few meters of each pile, same as clayshield around footings/ the ring beam. My engineer specified these at the rc  beam but not for the piles. I m now either arguing with BC about the need for sleeves (with some backing from my SE) or I let my SE specify some sleeves. To start with, I would like to know where to get them. I already bought my clayshield for the RC Beam but can not find any of these pile sleeves online? What are they called and did anybody use them. Where did you buy them.

I would think that it should be alright to put in piles without sleeves. The whole foundation design is so massively overspecified, it s unreal.

24 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I was told by my BC officer today that he maybe wants to see a clayshield/CLAYBOARD sleeve around the piles. I read about it before somewhere, but can't find it now. These are some sleeves around the top few meters of each pile, same as clayshield around footings/ the ring beam. My engineer specified these at the rc  beam but not for the piles. I m now either arguing with BC about the need for sleeves (with some backing from my SE) or I let my SE specify some sleeves. To start with, I would like to know where to get them. I already bought my clayshield for the RC Beam but can not find any of these pile sleeves online? What are they called and did anybody use them. Where did you buy them.

I would think that it should be alright to put in piles without sleeves. The whole foundation design is so massively overspecified, it s unreal.

I put clay boarding in to help with heave caused by the nearby trees 

1E6541AE-C7A4-409B-9592-E5AD62F39594.jpeg

D0F9C7AD-286F-4F12-BC2A-83B2B1C2C0A2.jpeg

No planners wanted piles  it SE said he would specify deep strip footings 

I bought 1200 x 600 sheets and cut them down the centre 

Filled the 1800 deep fittings with a mtre of concrete and sat the clay board around the edge and filled the rest