UFH circulating pump has stopped. I'm cold!

Brix

Power is on. Zone actuators seem to be working as normal - several are open/on.

Wilo SB60 bronze pump  is not doing anything. 

Pump is less than three years old. 

Has been working fine until this afternoon. Thermalstore, hot water, etc.. all working ok.

These pumps are about £550 - what goes wrong with them and are they serviceable? Or can anyone think of anything it might be other than the pump itself?

No need for a bronze pump in a heating circuit

Undo the centre screw cover and see if you have any water in the gland - some have a slot in the end for you to give it a twist. 

Or a couple of sharp taps with a hammer although if it was working and is not now, that sounds more electrical. 

Bronze as can't have any ferrous on the system - it corrodes the UFH pipes (Kee Triple Tube, old system, discontinued, lots of documented cases of pipes literally disintegrating). 

I undid the screw earlier and water came out. I thought the pump was glandless?

Strange choice of pump for UFH.

Try turning the speed adjuster switch, sometimes the contact gets dirty and just exercising the switch cleans the contacts.

This would do as a replacement if that does not fix it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CENTRAL-HEATING-CIRCULATING-PUMP-Wilo-Pump-1-1-2-6M-180mm-Pump/362783491642?hash=item547794c63a:g:LikAAOSwKINdqDCT

10 minutes ago, Brix said:

Bronze as can't have any ferrous on the system - it corrodes the UFH pipes (Kee Triple Tube, old system, discontinued, lots of documented cases of pipes literally disintegrating). 

I undid the screw earlier and water came out. I thought the pump was glandless?

Ok so go with a PU bodied Grundfos at £72... 

https://www.euroboilerparts.co.uk/pu130-5-grundfos-pump-1-12-plastic-body-replacement-for-grundfos-bronze-pump-1205-p.asp

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Try turning the speed adjuster switch, sometimes the contact gets dirty and just exercising the switch cleans the contacts.

This would do as a replacement if that does not fix it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CENTRAL-HEATING-CIRCULATING-PUMP-Wilo-Pump-1-1-2-6M-180mm-Pump/362783491642?hash=item547794c63a:g:LikAAOSwKINdqDCT

Thanks. Tried the adjuster but nothing.

Plastic body may be the go.

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Nice one. Is that same size and power etc.. (not entirely sure what is essential.)

Are plastic bodies a more recent development ? - would explain why not specified in install docs in 2003.

Nut to nut on mine is 180.

I haven't found that info on the Grundfos.

Depth 145 mm
Height 180 mm
Width 96 mm
Weight 2.94 kg
Maximum Head 6000 mm
Number of Phases 1
Maximum Pressure 10 bar
Maximum Flow Rate 1.5 l/s
Material Bronze
Colour Bronze/Green
Voltage 230 V
Type Domestic