Alternative to In-ground Pump Station?

Adam2

Am about to start demolition and as we have a floor below invert level of street sewer have an existing pump station (1m diameter and ~2m depth with twin pumps).

The new floor footprint means the pump station needs to move which I started to look into. The existing one works OK and I had a firm out to check and they agreed reusing the pumps and control system + valves etc would be feasible so I'm looking at lifting out the useful bits and probably having the tank pulled out but I imagine it is concreted in so will not come out in a reusable form. So I was looking at the work involved in installing a new tank - wow it's a job and a half - dig, make base from hardcore + concrete then install tank and concrete in carefully. It got me thinking that this whole approach seems sub-optimal and I did some looking and came across this:

https://www.pumptechnology.co.uk/efflu-maxi-120-twin/

Seems like a system designed to work more in-line without a big tank so presumably could be placed low enough to pick up the house drain and pump up 7m to the required level to use street sewer. 

I should add that we have the ground & top floor sewage running out to street sewer so this  new pump system would not cause a critical problem if failed and needed servicing (given the reduced capacity compared to a traditional big tank in the ground option). The floor the new system would be servicing will have 1 bedroom, 1 shower, 1 WC, washing machine and dishwasher.

Would be great to hear of any views/experiences of different approaches like the link above (aside from a septic tank). I'd like something that is easier to install really.

Cheers

That looks like a macerator?

If I am reading this right the upper floors of your house can drain by gravity to the sewer, it is only the basement that needs pumping.  If so this system sounds ideal.  I guess it is a case of will building control accept it?

Doesn't say that it is - mentions large pump intake? Noticed that the larger unit that I linked to needs a 3 phase supply which I don't have but the smaller unit is 240V. Will call them Mon and see what they think about applicability and also to see what they reckon on servicing costs as that may make cost of ownership outweigh the install cost and hassle that I was trying to avoid with the big tank solutions.

TBH that looks like a macerator pump. And it will be very noisy. 

How much use will the WC get In the basement ..? Designing that out would leave you just pumping water up to the stack. 

Replacement pumping station tank will probably be £3-400 but is probably a better bet than a macerator system if you have to have one.