Things to find lost TV remotes

Can anyone point me to a thing I can attach to a TV remote to help find it when mislaid?

It only needs to work within the house, and I do not care if it is Bluetooth, GPS, or whistles the Star Spangled Banner when I sing the Red Flag.

But I need to find my Fat Controllers when mislaid ?.

cheers

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

Train a dog to sniff out the remote? I didn't intentionally train my dog to bring me my slippers, but regardless of where I hid them when i try to watch the tv in peace, he will find them and bring them to me in return for treats.....he brings rocks when he cant find shoes.

I feel this is all a little flippant ? ?. Not that I can complain given that it is what I do a lot of the time ?.

Alas, doggoes and 8 year olds are relatively expensive, and the latter carries a risk of modern slavery charges and violating minimum wage regulations.

The exact problem is a Roku controller used by someone else that costs me about 5-10 minutes three times a week, and that these (posh) Roku controllers do not seem to be replaceable without a new "stick of Roku". Last lost one cost me a new Roku stick at £50+.

If there were something that used those wires that shops put in clothes that would be good, or a smaller version of the Veridian (sp?) Patch they used to track Captain Kirk on Rurapente (which is probably like some of our building sites), that might do it.

Cheers

F

Edited by Ferdinand

3 hours ago, joe90 said:

6 ft length of chain ? works with my chuck key, not lost it since!

My last JCB went back with a piece of roof batten attached to the key as I dropped the black key and immobilizer fob on the ground and it took 20 mins to find the feckin thing ... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

?

The exact problem is a Roku controller used by someone else that costs me about 5-10 minutes three times a week, and that these (posh) Roku controllers do not seem to be replaceable without a new "stick of Roku". Last lost one cost me a new Roku stick at £50+.

Our Roku remote stopped working, so now just operate it via the phone app, works perfectly.

4 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

An 8 year old girl with an eye for detail, and whose mum says of her "You're going to be a proper little madam"

It's when they come out of the bedroom shouting "Look Gran, I'm a unicorn!" it gets awkward...

7 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Can anyone point me to a thing I can attach to a TV remote to help find it when mislaid?

It only needs to work within the house, and I do not care if it is Bluetooth, GPS, or whistles the Star Spangled Banner when I sing the Red Flag.

But I need to find my Fat Controllers when mislaid ?.

cheers

Ferdinand

Your misses ?

Ok, I now have one of these courtesy of Mrs B. who came back with a free one from a trade show.

It checks in with BT to an app on your phone so you can see where you last had it - you can also make it beep loudly when in proximity.

Comes with a keyring  / lanyard and also a sticky patch  - whole thing is about the size of a £2 coin. 

Have attached to my car keys which I am always misplacing at home.

Edited by Bitpipe