Starting to look at air to water heat pump options but I don't want RHI and ideally I'd like to self install.

Has anyone bought a new product direct and could recommend a supplier? I'm in Cornwall if it helps. I'm also doing the usual eBay browsing. 

Many thanks

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

I bought an Ebay heatpump, 4Kw, rebadged Carrier unit (kingspan), still shrink wrapped on a pallet, no warranty and only £850 delivered. Bit of a punt but it paid off big time.

I bought a new old stock rebadged Mitusbishi unit from the now defunct Ice Energy and it was £600 delivered. Been on for the past 10 months and no issues so far

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PeterW said:

I bought a new old stock rebadged Mitusbishi unit from the now defunct Ice Energy and it was £600 delivered. Been on for the past 10 months and no issues so far

I tried for one of these but sadly it was too early in the build really and like you say they've now disappeared. 

4 hours ago, JSHarris said:

I also bought a new, old stock, rebadged Carrier (badged Glowworm) unit, but I paid a fair bit more (£1,700, inc VAT, delivered, with the command unit etc).  Ours has been running for about 4 years now, with no problems.

Was that from eBay or through a distributor?

On 16/10/2019 at 22:04, PeterW said:

6kw Panasonic compressor with inverter start for £1195...? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302964624843

Is this the best deal around?

The blurb says Panasonic compressor, the unit is manufactured by a top world class manufacturer, NOT Panasonic. So, who manufactured the unit?