POTABLE WATER MACHINE

scottishjohn

when I wasn,t really looking for such a thing i came across one ,which looked like an american fridge ,it had reverse osmosis and Uv and filters+ booster pump ,etc etc with computer control alarms etc 

now i might need one 

can I  find  it again --of course not

any clues anybody 

i know it can all be done with separate units ,but i liked the idea of it all being in one unit, so i could fit it in the services room   and also an accumulator+ pump + 270 litre capacity  of treated water as well

8 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Basically what @JSHarrisarris knocked up for half the price.

would not argue you could do same from bits cheaper --but this also has the 220 litre tank + a pump --very neat unit . a nice self contained solution 

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Thanks 1

Very common in India and Asia, even little desktop units. I expect a bit pricey in Blighty as generally our tap water is top notch (compared to elsewhere in the world). 

Although i I have to say the best tap water was in Reykjavik, lovely glacier water, perfectly chilled straight from the tap. 

1 hour ago, MrMagic said:

Although i I have to say the best tap water was in Reykjavik, lovely glacier water, perfectly chilled straight from the tap. 

I was only just reading of the high levels of isotopes such as chlorine-36 found in Antarctica caused by fallout from US nuclear tests in the Pacific 70 years ago...

?

6 hours ago, Onoff said:

I was only just reading of the high levels of isotopes such as chlorine-36 found in Antarctica caused by fallout from US nuclear tests in the Pacific 70 years ago...

?

Stands to reason then, Reykjavik is about as far from the Antarctic as you can get and still have running tap water. Poor old Spain on the other hand ... ?

17 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

I can't tell from their material if they have option of a fail over to mains if the rainwater supply runs out?

There's no WRAS markings so I assume not, I assume if you have that then being mains connected is basically illegal, but would be interesting to confirm?

It’s not WRAS approved and never could be as there is no class one air gap between the incoming rainwater and the outgoing “clean” water. 

It’s also designed by marketing not engineers as  the bottom 10” filter housing can’t be removed as it’s too close to the bottom of the casing ....

For double the price of that, you can get something like a Osmosea Classic CL300, which can do 300 litres an hour from basically any watercourse / water source and is a full reverse osmosis system. Coupled to a big tank, it would basically provide everything you need, just put a big filter pack on the front and suck the contents of the quarry up ... 

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

It’s not WRAS approved and never could be as there is no class one air gap between the incoming rainwater and the outgoing “clean” water. 

It’s also designed by marketing not engineers as  the bottom 10” filter housing can’t be removed as it’s too close to the bottom of the casing ....

For double the price of that, you can get something like a Osmosea Classic CL300, which can do 300 litres an hour from basically any watercourse / water source and is a full reverse osmosis system. Coupled to a big tank, it would basically provide everything you need, just put a big filter pack on the front and suck the contents of the quarry up ... 

very much worth considering --on my list--at large flow rates maybe could have whole house water except for toilets on it --worth investigating 

mains water possible but looking like 14K +inc pumping system to get up the hill

Edited by scottishjohn