Scolmore Click backboxes : Ah jus' luuurv em honey, but ...

ToughButterCup

?: that's an emoji of me right there looking at a Scolmore 2 tier, 12 gang Minigrid Module and the associated plate, yoke and backbox.

The practice of simplicity at last.

But wait, whassthis? 

20191015_140126.thumb.jpg.dced9240ab113fcf0e272c41d933e8c2.jpg

Nope, it's not spaghetti, it's the wiring for 7 intermediate switches and 3 one ways. Two bays spare ....

Looking at the backbox, I see a mere 10 knockouts. Knees shaking a bit......

Please Dave and Clive ( @ProDave and @Onoff ) please sirs, can I drill a couple more holes in the backbox K.O. (WA512) if I need to too?

I promise to drill them exactly the right size, and fit a lovely  top specification grommet in each hole drilled.

I also promise not do anything unethical, illegal, or untruthful or try to hide anything (but a cheque book) from any tame Part P who walks through the door. Honest.

1 hour ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Pheeew. Just bought a set.

This electrics lark is extremely interesting. Its all so, logical - sometimes.

Say you have a 16mm hole but you want to put a 20 in, or a 20mm hole and want a 25. Yes, I know cone cutters / step drills etc but they go blunt. Starrett have the "OOPS" allowing holesaws of two different arbor sizes to be used but no good for the smaller sizes:

[IMG]

But for using two of the smaller sized arbor cutters together........I think I'll call mine the "FOOKIT". First, get yourself a 1/2" UNF 20tpi x 2 1/2" long bolt and cut the head off, file neatly and de-burr:

[IMG]

Then screw on a couple of Starretts:

[IMG]

Job done. Needs a 13mm chuck so I've turned down the plain shank down to 10mm so I can use in my right angle drill too. You can do the same with a bigger dia UNF bolt to couple two of the larger Starretts and again you need to turn down the shank.

Make up these homebrew adapters either side then you can mix & match big/small Starretts to your heart's content:

58996ee2e7dfe_2017-02-0620_58_28.jpg.1e4b0eba32964f7d67954fb27c9dab06.jpg

Edit: Poxy Photoshop!
Edited by Onoff