Bending Hep2o

Pocster

Ok . Got some 15mm Hep2o tested its ‘bendability ‘ - kinks quite easy .

I need to get it through a 200mm solid wall - bend to run up it the bend at the ceiling .

I see these ‘cold formers’ would that do what I need ? ( 1 at each bend ) .

Desperately trying to avoid any joints .

Plan was maybe to drill a 20mm hole through wall so 15mm Hep2o has wiggle room . Perhaps that former goes half in the wall ?? 

059383CD-0039-45AB-B69D-2287CEEE186E.jpeg

As Jeremy says, try and create the hole at an angle. The Cold form bends do work very well at creating a reasonably tight radius without kinking. 

I'd also be putting a sleeve (or wrap in wadding) where it passes through the block work but I've seen plenty of "professional" [cough] installs where they don't bother. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

As Jeremy says, try and create the hole at an angle. The Cold form bends do work very well at creating a reasonably tight radius without kinking. 

I'd also be putting a sleeve (or wrap in wadding) where it passes through the block work but I've seen plenty of "professional" [cough] installs where they don't bother. 

Yeah - that’s why I was making the hole larger so perhaps I can put some kind of sleeve around it .

20mm flexible electrical conduit has a bore of about 16mm, and is pretty much ideal for protecting 15mm pipe where it goes through walls.  Likewise, 32mm flexible electrical conduit is sort of OK for 22mm pipe (it has a bore of about 25mm, so the pipe's a bit of a sloppy fit).

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, joe90 said:

How far from hole to ceiling. Can you not drill at ceiling height?

I could. But I've got about 20 pipes to get through this wall. Thought it would be easier going vertical through the wall then up.

Also I can line up each pipe to the manifold so it runs horizontal into it.

I'll attempt a "1st go" tomorrow and post pics. I'm guessing as I have a false ceiling the pipe might 'naturally' curved ok at that point.

Edited by pocster

The speedfit cold form that Toolstation sell (but keep limited stock of) is the same as the Hep2o ones, I've used a lot of them rather than putting in joins everwhere and its been just fine. 

When passing it through a wall its best to use a bit of conduit as to not score it. I've found a dishwasher waste pipe to be the perfect size for the job and comes in handy lengths rather than having to buying 25m of the dam stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AdamSee said:

The speedfit cold form that Toolstation sell (but keep limited stock of) is the same as the Hep2o ones, I've used a lot of them rather than putting in joins everwhere and its been just fine. 

When passing it through a wall its best to use a bit of conduit as to not score it. I've found a dishwasher waste pipe to be the perfect size for the job and comes in handy lengths rather than having to buying 25m of the dam stuff.

What’s the diameter of a dishwasher waste pipe ? . Just bought a 25mm drill bit - so if it fits in that ( and Hep2o in dishwasher pipe ) then perfect !

Edited by pocster

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

What’s the diameter of a dishwasher waste pipe ? . Just bought a 25mm drill bit - so if it fits in that ( and Hep2o in dishwasher pipe ) then perfect !

Googling seems to range from 16mm to 20mm . If that’s correct would be good !

40 minutes ago, pocster said:

Googling seems to range from 16mm to 20mm . If that’s correct would be good !

I don't know, but flexible plastic 20mm electrical conduit has an ID of 16mm and is pretty cheap: https://www.screwfix.com/p/tower-corrugated-conduit-black-20mm-x-10m/50443

£5.29 for 10m is pretty reasonable, even if you end up throwing some away.

• Thanks 1