Take 2

You may recall our major wobble a few weeks ago. We had planning permission all sorted, plans drawn and about to be submitted to building control when we had second thoughts about our bungalow plans and extending up. We have now decided to extend and keep our bungalow a bungalow.

It's been challenging as we are working with an odd layout. For info, here is our current bungalow existing plans and pic from above (albeit from the 70s but gives an indication of odd roof space).

Excuse the naff drawing as this is the best I can do and hopefully we will be able to get in touch with our architects this week.

Essentially, the main extension (shower room, utility, guest bedroom/ensuite, master ensuite and office/bedroom and half of the dining room (where we are proposing a flat roof light) is all flat roof extending on from the current flat roof. The other half of the dining room will continue with a pitched roof (extending into what is the vegetable patch on the photo).

Whilst we aren't entirely keen on a flat roof we have an odd layout anyway and it seems the best way of doing things.

The kitchen dining will have a slim profile sliding door and the OH wants a glass corner so coming this with a tall window rather than a sliding corner door (likely cheaper as suggested by Internorm when we visited the other week morale hen I was rolling my eyes at the OH picking ever expensive item).

What do you think? Are we missing anything?

sketch-1570990035091.png

Screenshot_20190930-125504.png

New House Plans (1).pdf

Edited by canalsiderenovation
Edit