Walk in shower or tray

24 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Ha, the name comes from my nick name at school where I would invent things (and had the same kind of glasses).

Yes ; I was the same ! At school I was known as the boy with the big cock - we used to live on a farm ...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Actually looking at @Onoff 's photo. Doesn't the toilet get soaked when someone showers???

Whats the distance @Onoff from the corner to the toilet?

It's nom 1.5m from the angled corner tile to the centre of the wc.

Yes the wc lid does get a few spots on. Tbh splashes, if you're not careful go a full tile beyond the to-falls area.

I did half anticipate this as said in the big thread a few times. There's double thickness studs as strong points behind the vertical mosaic strips to add double folding, glass doors each side maybe.

I've proposed this but SWMBO and the kids love it as it is. As it stands it's a case of squeegee the floor after a shower then kick your towel around the floor to dry it off. (Easy now but when we're older?) The UFH once done should help.

2019-10-16_06-08-41

• Like 1

One option considered was to retain the original doorway where the wc is and take up some of the adjacent corridor with a fully tiled shower enclosure. 

2019-09-08_03-01-14

The old doorway was where the dado rail is missing on the right. This corridor is in fact hived off of the room on the left. 

SAM_1375

• Like 1

I reckon something like 1.8m  x 1.8m minimum for a wall less wet room corner. Live and learn! @Nickfromwales might have a take on that size?

Saying that, well pleased with mine. It's manageable. Everyone loves it. Still need to do the non slip tile etching stuff some time.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Wall-less wet room sounds a bit exposed

Interesting point. First using it the wife &  kids especially said they felt very exposed for want of a better word standing there showering even though door locked, blinds down so totally private. I'd wanted a wet room and rainfall head since having done long haul travelling for business years ago. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Interesting point. First using it the wife &  kids especially said they felt very exposed for want of a better word standing there showering even though door locked, blinds down so totally private. I'd wanted a wet room and rainfall head since having done long haul travelling for business years ago. 

I wonder if that is affected by prior experience such as beach showers, having been in swimming pool showers a lot, or having spent time at eg the Hampstead Bathing ponds.

In this buttoned down age of PC, what happens in the showers when a school class goes swimming?

F

Edited by Ferdinand

41 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I wonder if that is affected by prior experience such as beach showers, having been in swimming pool showers a lot, or having spent time at eg the Hampstead Bathing ponds.

In this buttoned down age of PC, what happens in the showers when a school class goes swimming?

F

I'm of an age where we were basically forced, butt naked into school showers after PE. My God it's how lasting nicknames were made. Thanks be I wasn't one of the "smaller" lads! ?

Kids aren't made to shower now after PE. As for swimming it's a token shower, cossies on afterwards then shower properly at home.

I think with mine they've only been used to the upstairs en suite shower probably 800x800. The new wet room with all the space causes them to suffer agoraphobia! 

10 hours ago, Onoff said:

I'm of an age where we were basically forced, butt naked into school showers after PE. My God it's how lasting nicknames were made. Thanks be I wasn't one of the "smaller" lads! ?

Same here, still have unpleasant memories of post-PE showers; it was a golden opportunity for the class bully.  Communal showers continued twice a year through much of my career, after dinghy drills, often not exactly warm.  All that changed as we got older was that we started comparing hernia scars...

• Haha 1