Bathroom showroom

1 minute ago, pocster said:

But ! You could argue better to fix an old car than buy another with unknown issues . Better the devil you know .....

I'm only doing the pug as the body is sound and my lad's having it as a first car and he'll be getting his hands dirty doing it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

How about £220 for a Geberit UP320 with odour extraction. Then £135 for a Bernstein standard or £195 rimless, (smooth exterior) wc.

Bought the geberit minus odour extraction already - for a bit less than 220 . Bought wc also - liked the geberit icon square ; so shopped around for that .

Edited by pocster

21 minutes ago, Onoff said:

That UP100 frame limits you on choice of flush plates imo.

Does it ..??

The cisterns are the limitation factor and you can swap them - you can also buy the replacement cisterns (Sigma, Kappa etc) as a cistern only and the frame too - you can mix and match, build your own etc. 

The Geberit system is very flexible - it’s just limited by what the vendors will sell you as they want to shift standard units. 

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Does it ..??

The cisterns are the limitation factor and you can swap them - you can also buy the replacement cisterns (Sigma, Kappa etc) as a cistern only and the frame too - you can mix and match, build your own etc. 

The Geberit system is very flexible - it’s just limited by what the vendors will sell you as they want to shift standard units. 

Yes it does. Without faffing, to the average buyer not in the know.

https://www.geberit.co.uk/products/bathroom/geberit-flush-plates/

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Yes it does. Without faffing, to the average buyer not in the know.

https://www.geberit.co.uk/products/bathroom/geberit-flush-plates/

But isn’t that the point ..?? You can spec what you want - want extraction with a Gamma cistern plate ..? Ok - it has a product code. Same with all of them - there are limited product ranges stocked so you see them more, but everything is available. 

Bit like your shower wall drain - when I checked with Geberit, there had been a handful in stock in 18 months in the UK. But it’s still available on stock via the systems from Germany so spec what you want. 

Half the point of this forum is to try and help people with their problems by sharing information - it’s saved me and others several thousands of pounds in both resolving problems and finding decent suppliers. I get the point that it’s others money to spend, but if you can save 10% on your bathroom it’s something to be able to spend elsewhere. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PeterW said:

But isn’t that the point ..?? You can spec what you want - want extraction with a Gamma cistern plate ..? Ok - it has a product code. Same with all of them - there are limited product ranges stocked so you see them more, but everything is available. 

Bit like your shower wall drain - when I checked with Geberit, there had been a handful in stock in 18 months in the UK. But it’s still available on stock via the systems from Germany so spec what you want. 

Half the point of this forum is to try and help people with their problems by sharing information - it’s saved me and others several thousands of pounds in both resolving problems and finding decent suppliers. I get the point that it’s others money to spend, but if you can save 10% on your bathroom it’s something to be able to spend elsewhere. 

Just saying that I and pocster plus many others I'm sure, didn't realise you could swap parts like that. Good to know. And where to go to get individual parts at good prices? Wouldn't Mr Average pay more for a "custom" build?

I have somewhat prematurely bought our bathroom stuff, it arrived in April & we are still looking at a hole in the ground! I originally planned to get it from Germany before brexit, rushing to beat the first deadline..... Having priced it up on Reuter & Megabad I spoke to C P Hart who had their sale on, initially about the sanitary ware, expecting it to be more expensive per unit, but save on carriage (we wanted Duravit & I think they are the UK importers so would have the biggest margin to play with). The prices on their website are very ‘reassuring’. In the end they price matched the Germans (minus basin taps & bottle traps) on an exchange rate of €1.18 : £1 with free carriage. If you can wait for their sale I would try the same approach, checking out bathroom shops for ideas in the meanwhile. A potential fly in the ointment is that, due to B******, Megabad weren’t exporting to the UK back then, Reuter still were, but I don’t know if that has changed. 

• Like 1

Well !

I survived ! . Prices were as expected - but got discount ranging from 10% to 50% . Appreciate it’s not discount ; after all i’ll Sell you my iPhone for 10 grand . Luckily i’m Having a sale today with 90% discount ....

Managed to get

Ensuite shower tray and frameless sliding shower door .

Stand alone bath taps 

Bathroom sink and unit .

Bathroom recessed de mister mirror and storage ( these are always expensive) 

They didn’t have a great range of stand alone baths so left that . Went back to bathstore to order it . None in stock so probably discontinued. So ! Have first dibs on the showroom bath with 70% discount . Fingers crossed on that !